Questions I Get As A Vegan Part 1

Questions I Get As A Vegan Part 1

By: Megan

    Question: Would you be fine eating/using things made from animal products if the animal was being killed anyway? Like leather from a meat cow or fur from roadkill? 

    So I have a few thoughts about this question. The first thing I would like to point out is that leather does come from meat industry cows. There are not specific cows that just get used for their leather and not the rest of their body. Meaning if one supports the meat industry by purchasing their products, they also support the leather industry. To answer the question no I do not support getting leather from meat cows because it is still being unnecessarily killed and exploited. Going back to the actual question, I would not personally be okay eating or using animal products regardless of how they are obtained. I am unable to eat animals because of health issues, so even if they made lab meat that was genetically the same, but humane I would not eat it. However, it would be considered vegan and ethical because it was not killed intentionally. Even if I could eat meat I still would not from roadkill or say I had a pet cow and they died I would not use it for meat. My reasoning is to me all animals are equal. There is no difference between my cat and a deer. I would not eat my cat or use her skin for a handbag, I would simply bury her. And I believe that that is the only appropriate action when an animal has died. It is simply a sign of respect. However, if someone has to live off of roadkill in order to be vegan I will 100% support them for that because they are not supporting an industry that abuses animals. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

My Deal With Clearance

Vegan at Restaurants Part 1: IHOP