These Are A Few of My Favorite Things: Vegan Chicken Part 2

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things: Vegan Chicken Part 2

By: Megan



            Chicken nuggets are probably my favorite form of chicken. They are the OG in my opinion. Fortunately, there are a bunch of nugget brands. Unfortunately, I have not tried a lot of them. However, the ones I have tried, I have a lot to say about. 
            MorningStar is probably the most accessible brand in the area. They have a lot of different amazing types of vegan and vegetarian foods. The Chik'N Nuggets are very similar to the MorningStar Chik'N Patties. They have a crunchy outer layer and the actual nugget is kind of stringy like actual chicken. They are $3.67, at my local Walmart, Kroger, and Food Lion, for a bag that has 12 nuggets. A serving size is 4 nuggets which contain 12 grams of protein, 200 calories, and 370 milligrams of sodium. These pair perfectly with fries, and a vegetable to complete the meal. Typically, I like to dip my nuggets in ketchup, but these would also be good with a Chik Fil A style sauce, ranch, and even vegan honey mustard. This line also has a BBQ Chik'N Nugget which I feel like I have had, but cannot remember exactly how they are, so I will update you when I try them again. 
            Recently, MorningStar released a newer line called Incogmeato. The line has two different kinds of nuggets. The Original Chik'N Nuggets are incredibly good. To me, they are the closest thing to a vegan McDonalds chicken nugget. The breading reminds me exactly of it and they are even shaped similarly. Of course, just like a Mcdonalds' nugget, they are really good. Unfortunately, the new addition comes at a cost. They are around $5.27- $6.99 a bag, at my local Walmart and Kroger, but since they are a newer product they almost always have a dollar-off coupon on them. Combining the coupon with sales, I have been able to get them for as low as $2.39 a bag. They have 16 nuggets in a bag and contain 180 calories, 12 grams of protein, and 310 milligrams of sodium, which is even better than the regular MorningStar nuggets. The new line also makes the nugget in a Mickey Mouse shape for kids and those of us who are still kids at heart. They are $5.27 at my local Walmart for around 16 nuggets in a bag. They contain only 160 calories, 13 grams of protein, and 300 milligrams of sodium. These are perfect for a school lunch with some fruit and vegetables. 
            There are tons of other vegan chicken nugget brands, but these are the ones that are mostly at every Walmart right now, so they are easily accessible. Overall, I say that the Incogmeato Nuggets are the best if you can get them for a good price. If not the Chik'N Nuggets will fill you up and also be delicious. I will be trying others in the near future, so stay tuned for my next update. 

Websites I used:
https://www.morningstarfarms.com

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

My Deal With Clearance

Vegan at Restaurants Part 1: IHOP