Vegan at Restaurants Part 2: Burger King

 Vegan at Restaurants Part 2: Burger King

By: Megan

  In this series, I will be discussing vegan options at popular restaurants and will be trying them and giving my thoughts on them. Everyone always downs Burger King saying they always get the orders wrong or mess them up. Coming from a small town and a not-so-fancy family, Burger King has always been one of my favorite fast-food restaurants. They are most known for the Whopper which is a quarter-pound beef patty with a sesame-seed bun and topped with lettuce, onions, and tomato. Personally, I was more of a plain cheeseburger gal, but Burger King was still my kind of place. Since going vegan, I have realized that Burger King has a lot of vegan options that I believe should be discussed. 

1. French Toast Sticks

The french toast sticks at Burger King are so good. I mean they are just regular french toast sticks, but usually, french toast sticks are not vegan, so I haven't had them in a while. These sticks are accidentally vegan, so they were not meant to be vegan it just kinda happened. They come in two different sizes: 3 sticks or 5 sticks. They come with maple syrup which is also vegan. The 3 piece sticks are $1 and the 5 piece sticks are $1.99. These are very cheap for a quick vegan breakfast.

2. Hashbrowns

These hashbrowns are basically tater tots. They are very greasy which adds to the fast-food experience. They are good on their own or with ketchup. I also dipped them in the maple syrup because I am a madman and yes they are delicious. They come in 3 different sizes: small, medium, and large. The small is $1, the medium is $1.69, and the large is $1.89. I suggest the large because all of the other sizes are simply not enough.

3. Impossible Whopper

The Impossible Whopper is not automatically vegan. It has cheese and mayo on it which need to be taken off. It also has lettuce, onions, tomato, and pickles. I usually like to get the burger plain and put ketchup on it because I am an actual 2-year-old. To me, the burger tastes like meat, but to everyone who eats meat in one bite, they can tell it is not. The burger itself is $5.67, but there are various combos that range in prices that go up to about $9. It is a little pricey, but I think it is worth it and a good option. 

Burger Kings are pretty much everywhere, so these options are very accessible on road trips or vacations. I love all of these options and will continue to order them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

My Deal With Clearance

Vegan at Restaurants Part 1: IHOP