These Are A Few of My Favorite Things: Vegan Chicken Part 4

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things: Vegan Chicken Part 4 

By: Megan 

To continue my series on vegan chicken, I am now reviewing my favorite vegan grilled chicken strips. There are two different brands I have tried: Morningstar Farms, and Gardein. Morningstar is a company owned by Kelloggs and has been based in Michigan since 1974. Gardein has been based in British Columbia, Canada for about 25 years now. 
    The first vegan grilled chicken strip I tried was Gardein and I did not like it at all. They had a weird taste and texture and looked really weird. It was a watery taste and there was no seasoning. I do not have much to say about this product other than I bought it about 2 years ago and have avoided it at all costs since then. They are also very spongy and it is the weirdest feeling having them in a meal. At first, I thought it was just me, but a few of my friends also think they are disgusting. Everything else about the product is good; it has approximately 130 calories, 260 milligrams of sodium, and 15 grams of protein per serving and they are only $3.97 for a bag with three servings. I would say this would be a great option if it was not for the taste. 
    The next vegan grilled chicken strips I bought were from the MorningStar brand and I put them off for a very long time because I was nervous they would disappoint me as the Gardein strips had done. I finally struck up the courage to try them and immediately loved them. They are a good base in wraps, salads, and other ways to cook with chicken. It has approximately 130 calories, 410 milligrams of sodium, and 23 grams of protein per serving which is absolutely incredible. The texture is very close to chicken and the taste is similar to boiled chicken. I eat this product all the time now and it is one of my favorite vegan products. It is very versatile in what you can do with it which is important in a vegan diet because sometimes you get stuck in a rut of eating the same foods. It is about $3.99 per bag which has 3 servings, but they also have a value size which is almost double the size for only $4.98. I have found this product at Kroger, Walmart, and Target.
    Overall, definitely go for the MorningStar Farms Chik'n Strips.

Don't forget to comment, subscribe, and share!
Websites I used:

https://www.owler.com/company/morningstarfarms

https://gardein.ca/about/

https://gardein.ca/products/chickn-strips/

https://www.morningstarfarms.com/en_US/products/meal-starters/morningstar-farms-chik-n-strips-product.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

My Deal With Clearance

Vegan at Restaurants Part 1: IHOP