Vegan Snacks Part 1: Chips

Vegan Snacks Part 1: Chips

By: Megan 

    I am a big snack person. If it were up to me, I would eat snacks all the time. When I first became vegan snacks were kind of hard for me. I used to eat a lot of chips that were not vegan like sour cream and onion, and Doritos. Over the years, I have come across some of the best vegan snacks and I would like to share my favorite vegan chips.

1. Potato Chips

I know potato chips are kind of a given, but one may be surprised at how many potato chips are not vegan. I prefer the lightly salted wavy potato chips. I buy them in the Kroger and Great Value brand typically. They are also available in the Lay's brand in various flavors just make sure to check the labels. The Bar-B-Que and Classic Lays are almost always safe bets, but if you want to switch it up the Limon and Dill Pickle Lays Potato Chips are also vegan. Potato chips can be found virtually anywhere, but I am usually able to find specialty potato chips in the organic section of Kroger and specialty stores such as a Co-op. 

2. Off The Eaten Path

Off The Eaten Path has a variety of different types of chips. My favorite is the "Chickpea Veggie Crisps." They are the perfect amount of saltiness and have a little bit of sweetness to them. I love to eat these chips on their own or as a side for lunches. These chips are fairly cheap at $2.98 per bag. They have a good calorie count (130 grams) and are very good in sodium for a chip (150 milligrams). The brand also has regular veggie crisps which are also delicious. I am able to get these chips at the Kroger stores, Walmart, and the Co-op.

3. Tortilla Chips

I love just eating plain tortilla chips. They are very good on their own as well as dipped in salsas and different types of homemade dips. I also like to take corn tortillas and cut them into triangles and coat them with oil and various spices to make my own chips. There are lots of different brands and types of tortilla chips, but some of my favorites are the Tostitos bite-sized chips and the Tostitos scoops. Tortilla chips are found pretty much everywhere.

4. Pea Crisps

Pea Crisps are one of my favorite snacks. They are very delicious and filling. There are a few different brands that have them such as Harvest Snaps and there is an Aldi brand. These are a cheap snack and are an easy way to get in veggies throughout the day. These crisps come in a lot of different flavors. The vegan flavors are lightly salted, black pepper, tomato basil, mango chili lime, and southern-style barbeque. I buy these at Walmart, Aldi, and the Kroger stores.

5. Hippeas

Hippeas are my most favorite vegan chip. They are similar to Cheeto Puffs in a way. There are five flavors: Vegan White Cheddar, Nacho Vibes, Bohemian Barbeque, Sriracha Sunshine, and Himalayan Happiness. I have only tried the Vegan White Cheddar flavor, but I am absolutely addicted to them. They have a cheesy flavor and leave your fingers coated with cheese dust just like Cheetos do. I am able to purchase Hippeas at Kroger and Walmart.
Make sure to subscribe, follow, comment, and share!
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

My Deal With Clearance

Vegan at Restaurants Part 1: IHOP