Vegan Taco Bean Recipe

Vegan Taco Bean Recipe

By: Megan   

  I made this recipe as a fairly new vegan. I loved tacos and there were absolutely no vegan ground beef options in any of the stores near me. I was going through a bit of a taco withdrawal and was desperate to find anything that could work for tacos. I opened up the pantry and saw numerous cans of beans and thought "hey, I could work with this." I started pulling out the beans and then saw a can of Rotel. I figured it could not be a bad idea, so I drained and rinsed my beans and threw them into a pan with the Rotel and some taco seasoning. I then spotted some rice and boom my meal was completed. Over the years, I have made this recipe in different ways and have perfected it, but I have never actually used measurements because I tend to add ingredients until it feels right, so y'all are going to have to bear with me on this one.

Vegan Taco Beans & Rice

Ingredients

  • 1 can Light Kidney Beans
  • 1 can Dark Kidney Beans
  • 1 can Black Beans
  • 1 can White Beans
  • 1 can Rotel
  • 1/2 cup Frozen Corn
  • approximately 1/4 cup Taco Seasoning
  • 2 Servings of cooked rice
Instructions

1. Drain and rinse all beans and put in a pan on the stove with a can of Rotel.
2. Add frozen corn and taco seasoning and cook on medium heat until the beans are soft.
3. Serve with rice. Eat in a tortilla, taco bowl, or with chips!
I like to add sour cream, cheese, avocado, and lettuce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

My Deal With Clearance

Vegan at Restaurants Part 1: IHOP