These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things: Vegan Chicken Part 5

    These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things: Vegan Chicken Part 5

By: Megan

 This post is going to be a variety of different types of chicken. There are not really any products to compare them to because they are stand-alone vegan products. I figured they were important to do a review on because they are very good options for vegans and vegetarians. 

1. Gardein Chick'n Sliders

    The Gardein Chick'n Sliders are a good start to a meal or a small snack. They only have 180 calories per slider, so I would not say that is enough for a meal, but paired with chips, and some fruit and veggies it could be a good meal. These sliders have 10 grams of protein, which is a surprisingly large amount,  and 270 milligrams of sodium. These sliders have good flavor and are a good premade meal option. The sliders are approximately $4 and I have found them at Walmart and Target.

2. Gardein Chick'n Florentino

    The Gardein Chick'n Florentino is not my favorite thing. The chicken in it has a weird flavor and texture and I do not like the overall dish. The sauce with noodles was probably the best thing about it. This is a premade meal and basically, the only thing that needs to be done is warming it up. This meal has only two servings and 330 calories, 810 milligrams of sodium, and 16 grams of protein. I have seen this cost anywhere from $6-$8, which is a bit pricey in my opinion.  have been able to find these at Kroger. Personally, I have made recipes similar to this that are cheaper and better than this.

3. MorningStar Farms Buffalo Wings

    The MorningStar Farms Buffalo Wings are one of my recent favorite vegan chicken products. They are so good and remind me a lot of Wendy's chicken nuggets. They are not too spicy and have a great texture. I never had chicken wings before I went vegan ( I know I'm lame), so I have no clue if they are like a chicken wing would be. These wings are about $3.99 per bag of 15 wings. They have 210 calories, 360 milligrams of sodium, and 14 grams of protein per serving. I think this would be a good snack, but would not be enough to make a meal out of. I was able to find these at Walmart. I think these are so good and recommend them to everyone.

4. Emerge Ground Chicken

    I have very mixed feelings about this one. Emerge is the brand of vegan meat produced by the Kroger brand. I have absolutely no clue how ground chicken is supposed to taste like, so I am not sure if I can give a great review. This product is very mushy in my opinion. I used it in a Taco Ring and it was okay, but not the best. Typically, ground chicken is used as a healthy alternative to ground beef. However, since it is all vegan I do not think there is a healthier version. It is pretty much the same macros as ground beef, so I do not get the point of having both, but maybe that is just me. There are approximately 3.5 servings per package. Each serving has 220 calories, 600 milligrams of sodium, and 21 grams of protein. This is only sold at the Kroger stores and is typically $7.99, but I find it on sale all the time. I think this product depends solely on personal opinion, but it is a great option and adds variety to the vegan diet.

Make sure to subscribe, follow, comment, and share!

Websites used:

https://www.gardein.com/

https://www.morningstarfarms.com/en_US/products/veggitizers/morningstar-farms-buffalo-wings-product.html

https://www.kroger.com/p/simple-truth-emerge-plant-based-chick-n-grind/0001111097027

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

My Deal With Clearance

Vegan at Restaurants Part 1: IHOP