My Deal With Clearance

My Deal With Clearance

By: Megan   

      Anyone who knows me well knows that I love the clearance section. It does not matter which store I am or if I have ever been there I will find the clearance section. Sometimes I go and there are so many different products and sometimes I go and it is completely empty. However, it does not matter if I have not found anything in clearance all day, I have to go to the section in every single store. I never really started going to the clearance section until I went vegan. I always thought it was just a bunch of expired food that could not be salvaged. After going vegan, the food I wanted to eat got to be very expensive. To get as much food as possible, I started shopping for the sales. Then, I discovered clearance tags. A lot of products such as yogurts, mock meats, and veggies would be on clearance often. I learned what was most often marked down and where I needed to look in the stores on quick trips. Usually, if I find foods I like that are marked down and can freeze I will buy all of them if the price is reasonable at least. I do this so that on weeks where they are the full price I will still have food in my small stockpile. Nowadays I do not buy certain things at full price. I have not bought yogurt, and snack bars at full price since first going vegan two years ago. My favorite clearance item I have gotten was vegan ground beef. I bought 6 packages one day for under $20 which is incredibly cheap because at full price I would have paid around $41. I like clearance so much because I can get a large number of products for a small price. The place I can get the most clearance at is Kroger stores, but I am also able to get a lot from Walmart as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

Vegan at Restaurants Part 1: IHOP