These Are A Few of My Favorite Things: Vegan Chicken Part 3

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things: Vegan Chicken Part 3

By: Megan 


            There are so many different types of chicken, and although it may surprise you, you can get pretty much all of them in a vegan version. One popular type of chicken is the chicken tender. I feel like a chicken tender is an underrepresented population. They are so good for wraps, salads, and even dipping them in sauce. 
            One popular vegan brand is Gardein and they have Seven Grain Crispy Tenders. They definitely are nothing like regular chicken tenders. They do not look the same at all. I would not necessarily say they taste like chicken though. It has a savory flavor similar to a chicken tender, but it is a bit unique. These have a serving size of 2 tenders which I think is not enough I usually at least have three. There are 90 calories in a serving, 230 milligrams of sodium, and 7 grams of protein. I would say that vegan chicken nuggets tend to fill me up more than the tenders because they have more protein and calories. I usually get these at my local Kroger for about $4.99 which is a bit pricey for what they are. I think if this is the only option, then get it because it is good to have for chicken wraps.
            Another type of vegan chicken tenders is the Aldi Earth Grown meat-free Chickenless Tenders. This brand is 160 calories, 320 milligrams of sodium, and 9 grams of protein per serving. There are approximately 4 servings in a box totaling about  $3.49 per box. This is the cheapest price I have ever seen for vegan chicken tenders, so if you want cheap vegan food definitely check out Aldi's Earth Grown line. 
            A more recent brand of vegan mock meats is the Simple Truth Plant Based line. It is exclusive to the Kroger company stores. They are called Simple Truth Meatless Crispy Tenders. These are the best vegan chicken tenders I have ever tried. They are packed with flavor and are all-around amazing. They have 190 calories, 370 milligrams of sodium, and 14 grams of protein for a serving which is 4 tenders. They are super filling and have the best macronutrients out of all of the brands I have tried.
            Overall, the ranking of these are the following: in first place is the Simple Truth Meatless Crispy Tenders, in second place is the Aldi Earth Grown meat-free Chickenless Tenders, and in third place is the Seven Grain Crispy Tenders. 
Make sure to comment, subscribe, and share!
Websites used:
        https://www.gardein.com/chickn-and-turky/classics/seven-grain-crispy-tenders
    https://www.instacart.com/products/18354223-earth-grown-meat-free-breaded-soy-protein-chickenless-tenders-10-oz
https://www.kroger.com/p/simple-truth-meatless-crispy-tenders/0001111081644

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

My Deal With Clearance

Vegan at Restaurants Part 1: IHOP