I LOVE MOO!

     I LOVE MOO!

By: Megan


            I love cows! They have been an obsession of mine over the past year. I haven't always loved cows; I used to think they were gross and smelly when I was younger. As I got older, I guess I didn't really think about cows; I was more concerned with what they made. I loved milk, yogurt, CHEESE! Don't even get me started on cheese. I used to put it on anything and everything. I loved going to the store to pick out a fresh cut of meat to douse in cheese and mayonnaise and eat on a bun. Hamburgers were probably my favorite thing. I ate them at every restaurant I went to. When I went vegan everything changed for me. I don't know exactly the moment it switched for me, but it was very sudden. I looked into their eyes and saw the same eyes my dog had. I saw them as a pet. I then discovered adorable videos of cows chasing playground balls. Maybe that was the moment that changed everything for me; I am not sure, but whatever it was I sure am glad it happened. 
            To me, cows are the ultimate pet. They remind me of giant dogs. I love everything about them and of course am dying to have one. To subside, my "calf fever," I have opted for canvas' of cows on the wall beside my bed, so that they are the very first thing I see in the morning and the very last thing I see at night. I am obligated to buy every cow thing I see in stores (only if it is vegan of course). I have so many cow socks it is quite ridiculous if you ask me. But at the same time I love it! I love finding new cow things and trying to talk myself out of it, but smiling from ear-to-ear like "why do I even bother trying to do that?" 
            In the future, I hope to own a cow. Okay, that is a big joke; we all know I am going to have a cow sanctuary. I think that would be fun; to rescue cows from slaughterhouses and raise them knowing they will never be mistreated ever again, seeing their personalities come out for the first time in possibly their entire life. Who knows what the future holds, but I can guarantee mine will have cows in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

My Deal With Clearance

Vegan at Restaurants Part 1: IHOP