Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

By: Megan

 Cookies are one of my favorite snacks. I definitely have a sweet tooth and love all types of cookies. There are tons of vegan brands of cookies. 

1. Oreos

Oreos were probably the only reason I thought I could make it as a vegan, to begin with. My motto at the time was "I could survive on Oreos". I am not sure why I thought that was possible, but hey I am here and am still vegan, so something must have worked. The really cool thing about Oreos is every single flavor is accidentally vegan. Even the new Gluten-Free Oreos are vegan, which is an exciting new addition to the growing number of Oreos.

2. Voortman Wafer Cookies

I know I am a bit of an old lady for this, but I think wafer cookies are the bomb. There's just something about them that I love. The brand Voortman is the only brand I have come across that has vegan wafer cookies. All of the wafer cookies from this brand that I have seen were vegan including flavors such as Chocolate, Vanilla, Orange Cream, and even Key Lime Pie. They even have sugar-free wafer cookies which taste just as good as the rest of them. I like to get these at Walmart because they have so many different options and flavors.

3. Enjoy Life

Enjoy life is a completely vegan brand and is allergy-friendly. They have a bunch of different snack foods most of which are cookies and sweets. I love all of their cookies. They are sold in both crunchy and soft varieties in flavors such as chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, and double chocolate chip. I have gotten these cookies at Walmart and Kroger, but have also found these products at Big Lots and Ollies for a cheaper price. 

4. Simple Truth Plant Based Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

This cookie dough is a premade cookie dough which is extremely convenient. I love how it is super easy and is a great snack or is great to take to parties. I also like to eat the raw cookie dough despite the package recommendations not to. In my opinion, this cookie dough tastes exactly like non-vegan cookie dough and is very good. This premade cookie dough is exclusive to Kroger stores and is about $2.99 for a pack of 12 cookies.

All of these options are good on their own, but are great dipped in milk. Even though cookies are not the healthiest snack, it is important to have a variety and fill those voids, and eating this way I believe contributes to my success story and has helped me stay vegan for so long. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Deal With Clearance

Vegan at Restaurants Part 1: IHOP