Vegan Snacks Part 2: I'm Going Nuts

Vegan Snacks Part 2: I'm Going Nuts

By: Megan    

Healthy snacks are sometimes far and few between and can often be kept in the shadows of unhealthy vegan snacks. Nuts are one of my go-to snacks. They are filled with protein and are one of the most filling vegan snacks I have found. There are many different brands and types of nuts and I am going to share just a few of my favorites. 

1. Cashews

    Cashews are probably one of the most versatile and used nuts in the vegan world. It is used for sauces, dips, and just for snacking. I love cashews because they are very filling. They are very low in sodium and pretty good in calories and protein. There are many different brands of cashews and types of cashews. Raw cashews are probably the healthiest, but there are also flavored cashews in the brands Karma and Sahale Snacks. The Berry Macaroon Trail Mix by Sahale Snacks is very good and the Cocoa Dusted Cashews by Karma are to die for. Cashews are typically high in magnesium which helps with muscle and nerve function. 

2. Pistachios

    Pistachios are just a great snack. There's not much I can say about them other than you can get them pretty much anywhere. Also, I typically like to eat dried fruit with pistachios. I like dried cranberries just because they are something I do not have in my everyday diet and they are super yummy.

3. Crazy Go Nuts

    The brand Crazy Go Nuts is one of my favorite snack brands. Basically, they make flavored walnuts like oatmeal cookie walnuts. Anyways they are very good and I definitely recommend them. They have lots of Omega-3s which are important especially for vegans. Omega-3 is mainly in seafood and since vegans do not eat seafood, we have to find other ways to get the important nutrient. This brand can be found in some stores, but it can be purchased on amazon.com or crazygonutswalnuts.com.

Other snacky foods I like are trail mixes and almonds. I like to get the small prepackaged portions. You can find them literally everywhere including the dollar tree!

Make sure to subscribe, follow, comment, and share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan Snacks Part 3: Cookies

My Deal With Clearance

Vegan at Restaurants Part 1: IHOP